An Accredited training is a training that is provided by a government approved institution. Usually a TAFE or an approved training provider.
The course name of a Nationally Accredited Fire Extinghuisher Training is CPPFES2005A – Demonstrate First Attack Fire Fighting Equipment. The course usually can be conducted on the training providers site and also on the business premises.
Is there any pre-requisites to this training?
No. The course is aimed for anyone who may be required to use any portable fire extinguisher equipment, fire hose reel and fire blanket.
As this is a recognised training, you will need to have a USI. You can easily create a USI online
How long is the course?
The course will be approximately 3 hours for theory and practical.
Where is the training location? Can it be on premise?
Demonstrate First Attack Fire Fighting Equipment can be conducted on your business premise.
Usually maximum participant is 15 per group. This is limited due to effectiveness of training in small group.
What will you learn on this course?
You will learn theory and practical application operating first attack firefighting equipment in emergency situation.
This will include:
- Understanding fire triangle
- Understanding and identifying classes of fire
- Understanding types of Extinguishing agents
- Understanding the regulation for maintenance and service of fire fighting equipment
- How to safely use fire extinguisher
- How to safely use fire blankets
- How to safely fire hose reels
- Hand on training using BullEx Intelligent Training System
This training is usually combined with a recognised Fire Warden Training which is called
PUAWER005B – Operate as part of an emergency control organisation (Warden Training).